Looking for a savory and nutritious peanut sauce to compliment your veggie spring rolls? Look no further! This savory peanut sauce is packed with all the nutrition of moringa and delicious enough to put on pretty much anything.
Not only is this sauce super nutritious due to the peanuts and moringa, it’s also good to put on noodles, pairs well with curry, and can be used as a dipping sauce for veggies, pita chips, and more!
So today I will share with you the spring roll recipe I used to pair with this peanut sauce. Spring rolls are uncooked rolls of fruits, veggies, nuts, herbs, and noodles that are wrapped in rice papers. The best thing about spring rolls is that they can be filled with all your favorite fruits and veggies and they are so much fun to make! Feel free to go wild and use your favorites to fill these rolls, the possibilities are endless!
Sauce (Yield: one cup)
½ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Kuli Kuli Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar
1½ tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ cup warm water (add until desired consistency)
a dash of onion powder
a dash of garlic powder
Spring Rolls (Yield: about 10 rolls)
3.5 oz package of rice noodles or sweet potato noodles
2 large carrots
½ red bell pepper
1 ripe avocado
1 cup of crushed cashews
2 teaspoons sesame oil
Preparation for the sauce:
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm the peanut butter until it is runny
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, using a whisk to incorporate fully
- Taste the sauce as you’re adding ingredients! Add more or less of any ingredient according to your tastes.
If the sauce becomes to thick, remove it from the heat and let it cool a little. I found I had to add warm water to get the consistency that I wanted.
Garnish with some sriracha and chopped cashews! Store any extra sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week. But it probably won’t last that long because this stuff goes so good on anything!
Preparation for the rolls:
- Prep all your fruits and veggies. Cut them into strips so that you can roll them easily!
- Follow the directions as per the packaging on the variety of noodles you have chosen
- Once your noodles are cooked and drained, toss them in about two teaspoons of sesame oil so that they don’t stick together. The sesame oil also adds a great flavor!
- Prepare your rice papers by soaking them in warm water (follow the instructions on the package–the instructions might differ depending on the brand!)
- Once your rice paper is ready to go, add fruits, veggies, noodles, and cashews
- Roll up the rice paper and set aside while you make the rest
- Serve immediately while the sauce is warm!
We can’t wait for you to try out this recipe! If you do, take a picture and tag #kulikuli and #moringainspired on Instagram. We’d love to see what you have made!