Show Mom your appreciation with a delicious #MoringaInspired brunch, including these Moringa Tamale Waffles and Moringa Mint Muffins. Give her a healthy start to her day!
Moringa Tamale Waffle
Let your mom feel the kick of paprika spice up her morning. Prepare this batter overnight and simply heat up the waffle iron and viola! Waffles for the whole family without raising a finger.
- 1 cup instant masa flour (such as Maseca)
- 2 tbsp of Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder
- 1⁄2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup organic buttermilk
- 1 cup beer at room temperature
- Combine masa flour, 1 tbsp of Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder, salt, pepper and both paprika powders in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Using hands or metal whisk, cut half of the butter into dry ingredients and mix until all butter is combined. It should resemble small crumbles.
- Add a second tbsp of Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder and whisk.
- Cut the rest of the butter into the mixture until texture is crumbly.
- Fold in buttermilk a little at a time until fully absorbed.
- Grease and heat waffle iron.
- Fold in beer a little at a time until dough is the consistency of gritty paste.
- Cook on medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 8 minutes.
Did you know? The bubbles in the beer of this recipe help raise the batter for fluffier, and tender waffles. It’s the same concept behind using vodka in pie dough!
#MORINGAINSPIRED RECIPE BY JIJI COOK
Moringa Mint Muffins
Do not underestimate Chef Katie’s Moringa Mint Muffins. Though the ingredients may seem unconventional and strange, these muffins are soft, moist, and simply delicious! A great treat for your mum on Mother’s Day!
- 3⁄4 cup dates, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tbsp Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup plain almond milk
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups banana, mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak dates in warm water for at least 10 minutes, to soften.
- Sift together flour, Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the dates to remove their soaking liquid. Remove pits.
- Blend or process together squeezed dates, apple sauce, almond milk, vanilla, and mashedbananas. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mixture and fold together until well-blended.
- Fill each cupcake liners about 3⁄4 full. Sprinkle shredded coconut on each of the cupcakes.
- Bake for 20-25 min. or until a toothpick can cleanly be inserted and removed.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Tip: Replace 1 tablespoon of flour or dry mix for 1 tablespoon of moringa powder in any baking recipe to add in a full serving of vegetables.