Let’s Get Started!
We’re beginning our 7-day challenge by eating an abundance of raw (uncooked) fruit and vegetables. Today, we’re easing into a raw diet by limiting our intake of cooked foods to include only a few grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet or barley.
One of the challenges to detoxing is that we push our bodies to the max just doing our daily routine of going to work, working hard and taking care of home. So, it makes sense that when you remove meat, simple carbohydrates and refined sugar, but keep your same routine, you’ll feel tired as your body adjusts to your new diet. For an extra energy boost drink have a Moringa Green Energy Shot and a Moringa Superfood Bar. Both are great options because of their simple ingredients. You can also make a delicious smoothie using Moringa Greens & Protein.
Pro-tip: Make as much as you can ahead! Freeze smoothie ingredients so you can pop them in the blender easily. Cut veggies and prepare meals ahead of time will make eating a snap.
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons of Pure Moringa Powder
- ½ cup of cubed pineapple (frozen works great)!
- 1 orange peeled
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened (optional)
2) Morning Snack
- Two bananas
- One orange
- Any other fruit you love
- 1 generous cup of leafy greens of your choice
- 1 Avocado (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato – diced or halved (if using cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 cucumber – sliced into half moons
- 1/2 carrot – shredded with a box grater
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Dressing: lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper
4) Afternoon Snack
Dried Fruit + Nuts
- Handful of dried fruit without added sugar (apricots, cranberries, other)
- Handful of cashews + almonds (or other nuts you like)
Quinoa Mango Salad
- 1.5 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 large ripe mango cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch of thinly sliced kale
- 2 teaspoons Jalapenos diced
- ½ cup raw almonds diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Sprinkle Pure Moringa powder on top for a superfood boost!
- Salt and pepper to taste
Raw nuts and fruit
- A bag of raw almonds and dates.