Moringa Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
If you are looking for an anti-inflammatory smoothie with a wonderfully unique and delicious taste, this one is for you. Inspired by ultra-marathoner Scott Jurek’s Strawburst Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie, this vibrant drink is the perfect conclusion to a crisp morning workout. By combining the anti-inflammatory powers of berries, turmeric, miso, and moringa, your muscles will surely be feeling happy and thank you for treating them so well. If you’d like to learn more about moringa’s anti-inflammatory properties, be sure to check out our recent blog article: Moringa as an Anti-Inflammatory and Why Inflammation is Harmful!
- 5-6 Fresh Raspberries
- 3-4 Fresh Strawberries
- 3-4 Chunks Fresh Pineapple
- 3/4 of a Banana
- 1/2 inch Turmeric root, chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger root, chopped
- 1 tbsp Miso
- 1/2 tbsp Kuli Kuli Moringa Powder
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk
Makes one serving.
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Here are a few tips:
- If you don’t have access to ginger or turmeric root you can substitute them with the dried form found in the spice section of most grocery stores.
- For the flax seeds, make sure you buy them whole! Store bought pre-ground flax seeds don’t give you the same nutritional benefits as freshly ground ones because the healthy polyunsaturated fats can break down over time. You can either use a coffee grinder to grind up your flax seeds or let the blender do the work!
- I like to use Living Harvest unsweetened original hemp milk which is by far my favorite thing to drink other than water and this smoothie. It’s high in omega 3+6 and is a good source of vitamins B12 and D.
- Once I have all the ingredients together in the blender with the hemp milk, I add just enough water so that the level of liquid is at about the same height as the other ingredients.