Crispy on the outside, fluffy and garlicky on the inside, this Moringa Mushroom Rice Poppers recipe is guaranteed to be kid friendly and a family favorite. Just the mushroom rice itself was hard to resist. Imagine, grown adults eating garlic, mushroom, cheesy rice direct from a rice cooker! This sneaky recipe packs two full servings of veggies, perfect for the picky eaters in the family. And ideal for a nice Memorial Day bbq, enjoy!
Ingredients for the Moringa Mushroom rice poppers
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tbsp Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder (2 single serving packets)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups of mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning or other dried herbs
- 2 tbsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 2 cups of vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions for the Moringa Mushroom rice poppers
- In a rice cooker, cook rice with brother and Pure Moringa Powder until soft. Or in a pot, cook rice in broth over low-medium heat until broth is absorbed and rice is at desired texture.
- Remove rice from heat into a large bowl and stir in the whisked egg. Stir frequently to prevent scrambling the egg.
- Stir in chopped mushrooms, cheese, salt, lemon zest and juice, and dried herbs.
- Allow rice mixture to cool for 1 hour or until cool to touch.
- Dampen hands with water. Roll rice into a ball about 1 inch in diameter or fitted into cupped palms.
- Coat each rice ball evenly in breadcrumbs.
- In a small skillet or deep fryer, heat oil until 350°F. Fry rice balls until golden brown.
- Drain and cool on paper towels. Serve warm.
Leave a comment