A deceptively easy recipe that can impress your friends at your Memorial Day bbq. Make sure the halibut fillets are at room temperature to ensure even cooking for that flakey perfection. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a glass of white wine.
Ingredients for the Halibut with Almond Moringa Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 skinless halibut fillet, about 1” thick 1 ½lbs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Directions for the Halibut with Almond Moringa Crust
- Cut halibut to 4 equal sized pieces and pat dry on a paper towel. Season both sides with light salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- On a flat plate, mix together almonds, lemon zest, Pure Moringa Powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- For each slice of fish, first place in flour mixture until complete covered.
- Dip floured fillet in egg mixture.
- Press fillet into almond mixture. Set aside and repeat for remaining fillets.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add fish and flip once when browned and flakey throughout, about 4 minutes per side.
- Optional: serve on bed of salad drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.