Stay on track with your 2017 health goals with this nutritious Moringa Superfood Smoothie!
We’ve teamed up with some of our favorite brands to bring you this delicious and healthy moringa moringa superfood smoothie that’s sure to keep you feeling energetic and strong every morning.
For a limited time only, 5 lucky fans will have a chance to win Kuli Kuli’s Moringa Superfood Smoothie giveaway that includes:
- $20 Whole Foods Market Gift Card
- 4 oz. packet of Navitas Naturals Organic Chia Seeds valued at $7.50
- 7.4 oz pouch of Kuli Kuli Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder valued at $22.99
- Justin’s Almond Butter valued at $1.59
For a chance to win, follow these instructions:
- Like our video post on Facebook and/or Instagram
- Like/Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram @kulikulifoods
- Tag three friends
- Share the post on your Facebook and/or Instagram
*Your name will be entered once if you like the post/follow Kuli Kuli/tag friends/share it on Facebook or Instagram, twice if you do it on both platforms and three times if you do it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Contest closes on Wednesday, February 1, 2017, at 11:59 PM PST.
- 1 organic banana, sliced
- ½ cup of organic blueberries
- ½ Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value Frozen Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp (or 10g) Kuli Kuli Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder
- 1 cup of 365 by Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
To make one serving (a large smoothie).
- Place the banana, blueberries, 365 Everyday Value frozen strawberries, Kuli Kuli Pure Moringa Powder, Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds, 365 Everyday Value Almond Milk and Justin’s Natural Almond Butter in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve over ice (optional).
- Enjoy a morning of natural energy!
Why this recipe?
We chose a selection of ingredients that are packed full of protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that will help you to jumpstart your day and help you maintain your 2017 healthy lifestyle. Here’s why:
- Bananas are a great source of fiber, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and C. The fiber helps to stabilize blood sugar levels that curbs your appetite by making you feel full. They are also packed full of potassium which supports a healthy heart.
- Blueberries are said to have the highest amount of antioxidants of commonly consumed fruits and vegetables. You may have heard about antioxidants, but do you know what they do? Well, antioxidants are important for protecting your body against “free radicals” aka unstable molecules that can build up and cause cellular dysfunction, known as oxidative stress. This can not only lead to diseases such as cancer, but it can accelerate the brain’s aging process and thus reduce brain function. Blueberries contain certain antioxidants that accumulate in the area of the brain that controls our intelligence, thus helping to strengthen brain function! Thus, blueberries act as brain foods that help to detoxify our bodies.
- Chia Seeds are a nutrient rich, ancient grain superfood packed full of protein, fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids — to name a few! The combination of these nutrients helps to increase our energy levels with very few calories, helping us to feel nourished and ready to kick off the day.
- Almond Milk is a great addition because it is low in fat, but high in energy from the proteins, lipids and fiber. It also contains a variety of minerals and vitamins that are essential for human health. The fact that it has zero cholesterol helps to support healthy heart function, making it a great substitute for dairy milk. It also has high levels of Vitamin A helping you to have better vision — an important aspect particularly for those of us who work in front of a computer all day.
- Almond Butter has even more proteins, fiber and lipids than almond milk! It also is a great substitute for peanut butter, because it is chock full of vitamin E, magnesium and iron. Its richness adds great flavor to our smoothie and will give you lots of energy to keep you moving until lunch time.
- Strawberries give our Morning Smoothie a nice boost of Vitamin C, which helps to boost our immunity and leaves us refreshed for the day. Strawberries also contain antioxidants and phytochemicals that support healthy vision and can lower inflammation that could lead arthritis.
- Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder is what completes this nutritious smoothie. Just one spoonful of Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder is the equivalent to one servings of leafy greens. As a complete plant protein, you are getting all of your essential amino acids plus it has more potassium than bananas, more calcium than milk, more vitamin A than carrots and more Vitamin C than oranges. Whether it is our morning moringa smoothie or any other, a little bit goes a long way. They don’t call it the hottest new superfood for nothing!
For more #MoringaInspired recipes ideas visit our blog.