Make way for something a little greener and more anti-inflammatory than golden milk, a turmeric beverage that has gained popularity for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
Meet the Moringa Vanilla Spice Latte, a warm beverage perfect for your autumn mornings. Made with a creamy coconut milk and froth, a blend of anti-inflammatory spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamon, and Kuli Kuli Organic Moringa Greens & Protein Vanilla. Isothiocyanates, the key anti-inflammatory agent produced by moringa, are similar to those found in cruciferous vegetables. To learn more, see our recent post comparing the anti-inflammatory properties in moringa vs turmeric.
A cup of this soothing beverage provides 2 cups of leafy moringa greens, at least 15g of protein, and 5g of fiber — sure to keep you warm and relaxed through the changing colors of fall.
- 1 packet or 1/4 cup of Kuli Kuli Organic Moringa Greens & Protein Vanilla*
- 12 ounces or 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Star anise (optional, for garnish)
- Heat 12 ounces (1.5 cups) of coconut milk on stove or microwave
- Pour 1 packet of Kuli Kuli Organic Moringa Greens & Protein Vanilla into coconut milk
- Stir and bring to a simmer
- Add a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of cardamon
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture into a mug
- Pour remainder of mixture into a separate container
- Use a milk frother and froth the mixture in the container
- Pour froth into the mug
- Sprinkle a pinch of spice
- Garnish with a star anise (for aroma, optional)
*Don’t have any Kuli Kuli Organic Moringa Greens & Protein Vanilla on hand? Substitute with a blend of Kuli Kuli’s Organic Pure Moringa powder, a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder, vanilla extract, and a sweetener of choice, such as agave syrup.
Watch the video below