Who knew a fungus could support focus? As more and more people are becoming aware of the tremendous benefits that medicinal mushrooms, specifically Lion’s Mane mushroom, have to offer, our view of fungus is shifting dramatically.
Lion’s Mane Leads to Fierce Focus Focus Focus
While Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) bears no resemblance to the fierce animal of the African savannas, it does have a fierceness of its own when ingested for healing. Perhaps the cascading teeth, which continue to elongate as the mushroom grows, give Lion’s Mane mushroom its unique shape and name. Lion’s Mane is acclaimed for its nootropic and neurotrophic abilities, working as a cognitive enhancer and supporting the growth of nervous tissue, respectively. It is a robust antibacterial and anticarcinogenic that is known for improving motor skills and reducing anxiety and depression in menopausal women.1
Lion’s Mane To Improve Memory
Hericenones and erinacines are the compounds found in Lion’s Mane that stimulate the regrowth of neurons, which are responsible for processing neurological functions. Research has shown that a dose of 5 g per day can improve cognitive function in dementia patients.2
Pharmaceutical drugs often have side effects that impair memory and concentration, and the standard American diet contributes much to developing brain fog, forgetfulness, poor concentration and a host of other cognitive dysfunctions. Sugar, starch, and gluten are major culprits in the demise of healthy brain cells, while good fats, such as fish, avocado, coconut, and olive oils, aid in reducing the risks of developing brain ailments.3 When taking Lion’s Mane as a supplement, 250 mg three times per day has proven beneficial for improving cognitive function.1
Lion’s Mane In Your Diet
Lion’s Mane mushroom is known to improve memory and mental clarity, protect against brain cell death, and provide immune support. With Kuli Kuli’s new FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS, Raspberry Acai flavored Green Tea Energy Plus+ wellness shots, these functions blend well with Kuli Kuli’s Pure Organic Moringa to provide energy and focus when you need it most. Each serving provides 998 mg of Organic Moringa, 500 mg of Organic Lion’s Mane powder, and 100 mg of caffeine from Green Tea extract. Lion’s Mane quickly crosses the blood-brain barrier to supply its cognitive gifts, so it is best consumed during the morning or early afternoon. You want those gifts when you need brain power the most!
In recap: What are the top 3 benefits of Lion’s Mane?
- Brain Support: Lion’s Mane is acclaimed to work as a cognitive enhancer and support the growth of brain neurons, increasing mental focus and clarity.
- Reduction: The mushroom could have the ability to reduce depression and anxiety.
- Prevention: Lion’s Mane is a strong antibacterial and anticarcinogenic that could inhibit the development of cancer, similar to claims made about moringa’s anticarcinogenic properties.
Interested in incorporating this fierce superfood into your diet? Check out our brand new Green Tea Energy Plus+ shots!
Join our weekly giveaway and WIN 4 FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS wellness shots! (CLOSED)
Here’s how to enter:
- Comment below and let us know how you would choose to use lion’s mane?
- Follow us on social media @kulikulifoods for an extra entry
- Share this blog post with your friends and tag @kulikulifoods for an extra extra entry!
Two winners will be chosen and emailed on Friday 11/8 – Good luck! 🌿
- Zdravic, A. (2018). Lion’s mane mushroom benefits memory and cognition. Boston: Newstex. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/2254087123?accountid=158990
- Vukovic, L. (2007). Mushroom magic.Better Nutrition, 69(2), 38-38,40. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/194190306?accountid=158990
- Tweed, V., & Erickson, K. (2014). Memory boosts.Better Nutrition, 76(7), 20-20,22. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/1545051643?accountid=158990