While not a popular holiday in Mexico (although in the State of Puebla, El Día de la Batalla de Puebla – The Day of the Battle of Puebla – is celebrated with political speeches and battle re-enactments), for many Americans, Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage.
Raise your glass in celebration to this Mexican holiday with some Moringa inspired guacamole and moringa margaritas!
Margaritas are not just a classic, they’re actually very simple and easy to make in a natural and healthy way. And with a splash of moringa, you won’t even feel (too) guilty the next day.
– 5 ounces tequila (use 100%-agave blanco or silver tequila)
– 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
– 5 ounce Orange-flavored liquor
– 1 Tbsp Moringa Vegetable Powder
This recipe can be put together by mixing all ingredients in a shaker (use two glasses that fit into each other if you don’t have a shaker). Serve over ice or in a chilled glass.
To make a perfect rim on your margarita glass, you’ll want to use two shallow dishes, like teacup saucers or plates. Chilling your glass beforehand also makes for nice, icy beverages.
– Pour cold water into one dish (or lime/lemon juice if you want to really spice it up!), making sure not to go over 1 cm or so on the rim of your margarita glass.
– On your second dish, mix together a 1:1 ratio of salt/sugar and Moringa Powder, making sure to cover at least a circle the same diameter as the lip of your glass.
– Dip your glass lightly in the water dish, holding it upside down to avoid drips.
– Place glass lightly in the salt/sugar and moringa mixture, twisting and making sure to get some on each and every edge of the glass.
Voila! Perfect, guilt-free margaritas.
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!