If you didn’t hear, probiotics and gut bacteria are being called into the spotlight for both health and weight reduction benefits. Among some of the top-rated probiotic foods are yogurt, kombucha, and olives.
Tapenades are traditionally French, not Spanish as their name and main ingredients – olives and capers – would lead one to believe. For certain though, tapenades are wonderful to be used as a spread or dip for entertaining, as a based for a Mediterranean inspired sandwich, or even on top of pasta.
The addition of moringa means that not only will this green olive tapenade be beneficial to your gut bacteria, but will also help you pack in vitamins, protein and iron.
– 1 can Green Olives, pitted
– 2 Tbsp Capers
– 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
– 1 Tbsp Anchovies*
– 1 Tbsp Pure Vegetable Moringa Powder
– 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
– ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
– Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
*Leave out anchovies to make this recipe vegan.
1. Blend all ingredients together.
Tip: Pulse a few times for a chunkier tapenade or blend for 30 seconds to a minute for a smooth tapenade.
2. Serve on crackers, toasted bread, pita chips, and cucumber slices. Or, use as a spread on sandwiches and paninis. Pairs well with roasted chicken and roasted eggplant.
Want more probiotic recipes?
As part of this probiotic recipe series, check out other delicious #moringainspired probiotic recipes and subscribe to our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter feeds for updates on upcoming recipes in our probiotic series!