Our Back To Me Challenge is a month-long health and wellness program that jumpstarts your journey to being the healthiest, happiest you. All this month, we’re featuring healthy lifestyle tips, easy, nourishing recipes (like this delicious s’more recipe!), and in-store discounts on our products. We’re even giving away awesome prizes! Learn more >>
This time of year, I find myself craving the smokey sweetness of marshmellows over the fire. Nothing says Fall like a s’more: ooey gooey marshmallows and melty chocolate smashed between crunchy graham crackers. This dessert satisfies that craving, plus alleviates a bit of the sugar guilt with the nutritious benefits moringa. It’s all about balance, right?
– 2-3 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
– 3 ½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
– 2 tbsp granulated sugar
– ½ tbsp Pure More Powder ,
– 1 large egg
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
– 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (dark cocoa)
– ⅛ tsp baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– 1 ½ ounces milk chocolate (chopped or morsels)
– Marshmallow fluff, cream or actual marshmallows
1. Combine 3 tbsp butter and 1 ounce of chocolate in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine remaining melted butter with 2-3 tbsp of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.
3. In a bowl whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, Pure Moringa Powder, salt and cocoa, stir until a thick batter forms.
4. Stream in melted butter and chocolate, mixing to combine. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
5. Add half of the mixture on top of the graham crust, then throw on a scoop of marshmallow fluff/cream or a few marshmallows.
6. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes.
7. Remove and top with additional marshmallow if desired. You can pop it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to make them melty, or pop them directly under the broiler for about 10 seconds to toast if desired.
8. Sprinkle with graham crumbs!