Do you ever feel sluggish? Have you realized that you need more greens in your life? With all this talk of superfoods, it is fitting to present our wellness shot of the week – Daily Green Boost, which provides 5 fantastic green superfoods in a burst of energy and nutritive power. The superfoods included are: 998 mg of Organic Pure Moringa, 500 mg of super greens (organic spinach, organic wheatgrass juice powder, organic spirulina powder, and organic chlorella powder), and 100 mg of caffeine from Green Tea.
Fend off Fatigue with The Fantastic Five
Upon closer inspection, we see how a dynamic blend of greens can support the body’s efforts to bring energy and endurance to activities throughout the day. Spinach contains protein, GLA, and is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, making it anti-inflammatory, like Organic Pure Moringa.1 Both Spirulina and Chlorella provide protein, vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, and beta-carotene. Spirulina is known for improving hemoglobin and anemia, alleviating Vitamin A deficiency, supporting antioxidant levels, and boosting immune function. Like Moringa, spirulina can provide dense nourishment for malnourished individuals. Similarly, Chlorella’s known benefits include promoting growth, increasing insulin sensitivity, boosting immune health, and preventing anemia and stress-induced ulcers.2
Oxidative damage leads to cellular damage. Think of what happens to an apple once the skin is removed; oxidation causes the apple to brown and begin the aging process. So it is with human aging. But, oxidative changes happen gradually over many years. Oxidative and cellular damage affects proteins, lipids, and DNA within the body, increasing the risks of chronic disease development. Antioxidants prevent and/or mitigate the aging process. Super Greens, such as Wheatgrass, increase antioxidant activity in the body, and are rich in nutrients such as chlorophyll, bioflavonoids, minerals (iron, calcium, and magnesium), phenolics, and Vitamins A, C, E. In short, wheatgrass and other super greens decrease cellular damage caused by oxidative stress.3
SUPER GREENS IN YOUR DAILY DIET: WHAT ARE THE TOP BENEFITS?
A Daily Green Boost is best taken early in the day to support your overall vitality and performance. Here are the top benefits this energizing blend of Super Greens has to offer:
- Energy and Endurance
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Immune Health
- Prevention for Chronic Disease Development
- Antioxidants to Aid in the Aging Process
Food truly is the best medicine and Kuli Kuli’s new shots grant full access to all the functional benefits on offer.
JOIN OUR WEEKLY GIVEAWAY AND WIN 4 DAILY GREEN BOOST WELLNESS SHOTS! (Closed)
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
Two winners will be chosen on Friday 11/22 and emailed – Good luck!
- Graydon, R., Hogg, R. E., Chakravarthy, U., Young, I. S., & Woodside, J. V. (2012). The effect of lutein- and zeaxanthin-rich foods v. supplements on macular pigment level and serological markers of endothelial activation, inflammation and oxidation: Pilot studies in healthy volunteers.The British Journal of Nutrition, 108(2), 334-42. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0007114511005599
- Kent, M., Welladsen, H. M., Mangott, A., & Li, Y. (2015). Nutritional evaluation of australian microalgae as potential human health supplements.PLoS One, 10(2) doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0118985
- Sun, T., Li, J., & Chen, C. (2015). Effects of blending wheatgrass juice on enhancing phenolic compounds and antioxidant activities of traditional kombucha beverage.Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 23(4), 709-718. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfda.2015.01.009