Everyone loves a good chocolate smoothie, and sharing tasty treats with friends can be equally enjoyable. Take some time to treat yourself–or someone you love–to a delicious, chocolate strawberry smoothie with a healthy twist!
While this smoothie looks like a health-foodie nightmare, it’s actually packed with nutrition! With one full serving of moringa, a cup of strawberries, and a banana, this smoothie will give you enough vitamins, protein, and antioxidants to satisfy your appetite and your sweet tooth!
- 1 scoop Moringa Protein Powder (I love chocolate for this one!)
- 2 tablespoons moringa powder
- 2 cups of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (and a little extra for garnish!)
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Remove bananas from the freezer and set them aside to thaw while you prep the other ingredients.
- Wash and cut strawberries into chunks, set aside. Don’t forget to compost the strawberry leaves!
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. If the bananas are still rock-solid, pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds then slice open the side with a paring knife.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth!
- Pour into a serving glass, garnish with some extra cacao powder, and enjoy!
If you give this recipe a shot, comment and let us know! Also, take a picture and tag #kulikuli on Instagram–we’re so excited to see what all you lovebirds have been cooking!
Yield: two smoothies
Please note: depending on what type of milk you use this recipe may vary in sweetness! Taste as you go and feel free to add a medjool date, honey, or agave nectar if you’re craving something extra sweet.
Here are a few recipes to get you #MoringaInspired! Be sure to check out our blog and follow us @kulikulifoods for more!
Follow us @kulikulifoods so we can see some of your favorite ways to add this energizing superfood to your daily routine.