As part of our Moringa Recipe Contest, Kuli Kuli is pleased to present you with our first entry! Stay tuned for a delicious series of creative recipes made with our Organic Moringa Powder. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite recipe starting on March 3rd!
Recipe: Tarragon Moringa Scones
Chef: Carina, Oregon
310 g. (2 cups + 3 Tbsp.) All purpose flour
74 g. (7 1/2 Tbsp.) potato starch or cornstarch
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Moringa powder
1 Tbsp. dried tarragon or 1/4-cup fresh tarragon, leaves
70 g. (5 tbsp.) Earth Balance margarine (or butter)
85 g. (6 tbsp. 2 1/2 tsp.) non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
216 vanillas So Delicious Coconut Yogurt, (or vanilla-flavored yogurt of choice)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, potato starch, baking powder, salt, tarragon and moringa in a large bowl, or in a food processor or electric mixer.
- Cut the margarine and shortening into about 1” pieces. Put into the flour and beat, pulse, or rub into the flour with your hands until it resembles small flakes and the overall mixture is like slightly wet sand.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla and pulse or mix by hand until just barely combined.
- On a well-floured surface or a silicone mat, roll the dough out slightly, so that it is even in height but remains over 1” high.
- Place the rolled out dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until cold and firm (but not so firm that you can’t cut through it).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees (or 375 for convection). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge/freezer and se a 2” cookie or biscuit cutter to cut rounds from the dough. Place 2” apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just starting to brown on top and firm around the edges, with just a bit of softness in the center. Cool completely.
Carina’s Moringa Tarragon Scones are featured in her 4-part recipe for Classy Cherry Shortcakes. See the full recipe under our recipes tag or on Carina’s website, Flourish Baking.
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!
Vote for this recipe