A great tasting and healthy way to get your day started off right with a fiber-filled waffle from our Moringa Recipe Contest.
Recipe: Moringa Apple Belgian Waffles
Chef: Laurel, GA
2 Organic, Cage Free, Vegetarian fed Eggs, Separated
½ Cup Organic Olive Oil
2 Cups Organic Milk
1 tbsp. Moringa Powder
1 tsp Apple Fiber
½ tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 Whole Apple, Thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. Turbanado Sugar
½ Cup Water
¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp Powdered sugar (Garnish)
- In one bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly for 30 seconds.
- Combine all wet ingredients except for eggs and whisk thoroughly in a separate bowl.
- Separate eggs and whisk egg whites in a third bowl until stiff.
- Add 2 egg yolks to wet ingredients and whisk until mixture becomes frothy.
- Set whipped egg whites aside and combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly for 30 seconds until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Gently fold egg whites into the mixture.
- Chill batter in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Heat waffle iron. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray and pour waffle batter on and allow to cook to you desired degree of doneness (use ~¾ cup of batter to make one waffle).
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and reduce over medium heat until a syrup consistency in achieved with the liquid.
- Set aside and let cool until ready for service.
- Plate waffle and top with cinnamon apple topping and sifted powdered sugar.
- Optional fruit such as Strawberries and Raspberries can be used for garnish. Maple syrup and whipped cream may be used as a topping as well.
Learn more about Laurel at http://www.atlfcs.com/.
Vote for this recipe