Whenever I crave something sweet, chocolate is always the number one thing on my mind, and nothing goes better with chocolate than bananas. This simple recipe will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but will also provide the beneficial nutrients that are provided in Kuli Kuli’s moringa powder.
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp Moringa powder
3 ripe bananas (sliced)
1 cup each for toppings of choice (such as shaved coconut or chopped almonds)
- Slice up two ripe bananas into half-inch circular bites.
- Put wax paper onto a baking sheet.
- Add sliced up bananas to the baking sheet distributed into one layer. Cover banana slices and place the batch in the freezer.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- One minute before removing the frozen sliced bananas, melt milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 20 second intervals for a total of 1 minute or until the chocolate is fully melted with a shiny gloss. Add moringa powder to the chocolate and stir.
- Prepare a new sheet of wax paper for the chocolate dipped frozen bananas.
- Prepare a dipping station; align side by side, one bowl for the melted chocolate, bowls for the toppings, and the baking sheet with wax paper.
- Once you remove the frozen sliced bananas from the freezer, you must work rather quickly to prevent them from melting. Remove them from the freezer and dip each slice into the melted chocolate, then dip the chocolate-covered banana in your desired topping and lay it out onto the wax paper. Repeat this process until all frozen bananas are coated with chocolate and toppings.
- Freeze your now chocolate-coated bananas once again for about 6 hours or overnight. Remove from freezer and enjoy!
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!