These muddy buddies or “puppy chow” is definitely not for puppies, but if you’re a chocolate lover with a sweet tooth then this is for you! Puppy chow is a great on-the-go snack since it’s as easy to make as it is to munch on. Adding moringa to the mix gives this snack a punch of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. Not to mention that it’s gluten-free! Here’s the recipe:
-3 cups Rice Chex
-3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
-2-3 tablespoons of Pure Moringa Powder
-Up to 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Melt the dark chocolate until smooth using a double boiler or a small saucepan with a heat safe metal or glass bowl on top. Be sure the water isn’t touching the bottom of the bowl and that it doesn’t boil over.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Pure Moringa Powder to the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly until the lumps are gone and the chocolate looks smooth.
- In a large bowl, measure out 3 cups of Rice Chex and pour the chocolate over the cereal. Coat the cereal with the chocolate. Be gentle, try not to break them up.
- Put the chocolate coated cereal in a large ziplock bag ora plastic container with a lid. Sprinkle the remaining moringa powder to taste, close the bag or lid, and shake it up carefully to coat evenly.
- Add the powdered sugar to taste to the cereal, close the bag or lid, and shake again.
- Pour the coated cereal onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper to cool, and then store it in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.