These muddy buddies or “puppy chow” is definitely not for puppies, but if you’re a chocolate lover with a sweet tooth then this is for you! Puppy chow is a great on-the-go snack since it’s as easy to make as it is to munch on. Adding moringa to the mix gives this snack a punch of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. Not to mention that it’s gluten-free! Here’s the recipe:
-3 cups Rice Chex
-3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
-2-3 tablespoons of Pure Moringa Powder
-Up to 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Melt the dark chocolate until smooth using a double boiler or a small saucepan with a heat safe metal or glass bowl on top. Be sure the water isn’t touching the bottom of the bowl and that it doesn’t boil over.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Pure Moringa Powder to the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly until the lumps are gone and the chocolate looks smooth.
- In a large bowl, measure out 3 cups of Rice Chex and pour the chocolate over the cereal. Coat the cereal with the chocolate. Be gentle, try not to break them up.
- Put the chocolate coated cereal in a large ziplock bag ora plastic container with a lid. Sprinkle the remaining moringa powder to taste, close the bag or lid, and shake it up carefully to coat evenly.
- Add the powdered sugar to taste to the cereal, close the bag or lid, and shake again.
- Pour the coated cereal onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper to cool, and then store it in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!
About the Author:
Kiia is a 5th year at Cal Poly Pomona, studying Foods and Nutrition with an option in Dietetics and a minor in Physiology. She is interested in researching about new and trending diets, why people eat the way they do, and how food affects the body at the cellular level. Kiia loves long drives, food, playing guitar, baking, and looking at pictures of puppies. Her favorite foods are pineapples, pizza, eggs, tacos, and popcorn.
Did you enjoy Kiia’s article? Read more by her here!