A staple, a classic, and perfect for family meals or even friendly weekend get-togethers – it’s no wonder lasagna is a favorite of many people. And with so many varieties, it’s easy to find one that suits anyone’s tastes.
To throw together a simple and healthy version, this recipe uses a vegan cheese made from cashews and Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder packed with nutrients like iron and protein.
Ingredients for Cashew Ricotta Cheese
– ½ Cup Raw Cashews
– 1/8 Cup Water from soaked cashews
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 Tbsp Pure Vegetable Moringa Powder
– 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
– 1 tsp Onion Powder (optional)
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Drain water from raw cashews. Reserve about 1/8 cup.
2. Put cashews, olive oil, Moringa powder, garlic, and onion powder into a blender.
3. Blend until smooth, adding water from cashews one spoon at a time.
Ingredients for Lasagna
– 1 package Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, cooked (or other alternative)
– 1 lb Fresh Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
1. Cook your lasagna noodles al dente, according to instructions on package.
2. Create your cashew ricotta and set to the side.
3. Cook spinach over a large pan until wilted and water has evaporated from the mixture.
4. Build lasagna in an oven-safe dish starting with noodles, cashew ricotta, then cooked spinach. Finish with a layer of cashew cheese or Daiya cheese on top.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
6. Bake lasagna in a 375°F oven for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil and broil for another 15 minutes to brown cheese on top.
Happy National Lasagna Day! Enjoy this Vegan Moringa Lasagna – an easy way to get some veggies into everyone’s dinner.