Chocolate Moringa Valentine’s Day Cookie Sandwich
This tasty cookie sandwich made from superfood ingredients is sure to leave your Valentine impressed and feeling good!
Valentine’s Day is not just about a sugary box of chocolates, it’s about being thoughtful to the people you love. Make your sweetheart something that is sweet and nourishing. They won’t forget it!
#MoringaInspired with Oakland Chef Lee
For a truly original #moringainspired Valentines Day recipe, Kuli Kuli teamed up with Chef Lee, founder of Made2Gather. Like Kuli Kuli, Made2Gather is an Oakland-based female-owned mission-driven company. Chef Lee harnesses cooking to explore communication, productivity and time management through services that range from immersive cooking experiences to full scale catering. For Valentines Day, she wanted to create a cookie recipe that would be unique and tasty without being overwhelmingly sweet.
Chocolate, tahini, coconut and moringa? Yep that’s right!
Always eager to explore cooking with interesting ingredients, Chef Lee was excited to incorporate Kuli Kuli’s Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder with her signature ingredient: tahini. Tahini is a thick sauce made from crushed sesame seeds and is used as a condiment in a variety of dishes across the Middle East. Tahini’s buttery and chewy texture serve as a base for many of her dishes. For this Valentines Day Cookie Sandwich, Chef Lee harmoniously brings together what could seem like wildly different ingredients of tahini, chocolate, coconut, honey, paprika and, of course, moringa, to teach us how easy it is to create a unique and tasty Valentines Day treat.
Chocolate Moringa Mousse
- 1 packet of Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
Tahini Honey Cookie dough
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Recipe makes 6-8 cookie sandwiches
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- To make the mousse, heat the chocolate chips in a double broiler until completely melted. Whisk the melted chocolate with Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder in a large bowl.
- Mix in the coconut milk, coconut flakes, paprika and sea salt. Whisk for several minutes and then cover and put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- For the dough, mix the flour and baking soda together first. Once mixed well, add tahini, honey and vanilla. Mix well and then knead dough for several minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take out the dough and roll it onto a hard surface using a little bit of flour to make sure the dough doesn’t stick. Roll it flat using a rolling-pin (or any larger bottle really).
- Get creative and choose a shape for the cookies (a heart, a star etc.) Trace it on a piece of paper and cut it out. Use this as a stencil over the dough to cut out the cookie shapes. Make sure that you have two of each cookie shape so that they can be used as a sandwich.
7. Put parchment paper on a cooking sheet and put in oven for 10 minutes. The cookies should be fluffy and light brown.
8. Take out tray and let cool.
9. Once the cookies are cool, take out the mousse from the freezer and use a spoon to spread a thick layer onto one cookie. Then place another cookie on top to complete the sandwich. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and coconut flakes for garnish (optional).
10. Serve with tea. For the mousse lovers, add a little dipping bowl. Enjoy with your sweetheart!