As spring turns into summer, smoothie bowls become one of my favorite things to make on a hot day. Made with the right ingredients, smoothie bowls are the perfect way to fuel up on plant-based nutrients. They can also help you stay cool during the summer months!
This smoothie bowl is a powerhouse of vitamins, antioxidants, and protein. The açaí and moringa provide the bulk of vitamins and antioxidants, including vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, polyphenols, anthocyanins, and flavonoids.
Since moringa is also a complete plant protein, containing all 9 amino acids that are vital to the human body, this smoothie bowl will satisfy your protein needs from plants only. How neat is that?
In addition, moringa also contains up to 3x the potassium of bananas, making this smoothie bowl an outstanding source of potassium with the frozen banana base. Potassium is vital in reducing the effect that sodium has on our bodies, as well as reducing high blood pressure.
Moringa Açaí Smoothie Bowl
In addition to being incredibly nourishing, this smoothie bowl is so delicious and you can customize it any way you’d like! Starting with a base of frozen bananas, almond milk, açaí puree, and moringa powder, what you put into this smoothie bowl is ultimately up to you and your taste buds!
3.5 oz packet (100g) açaí puree
1 frozen banana
½ c almond milk
A pinch of cinnamon
½ tbsp moringa
1 frozen banana
½ c almond milk
1,000 mg spirulina tablet supplement (crushed)
You definitely could mix all ingredients together for this smoothie bowl if you are pressed for time and don’t want to make the açaí separate from the moringa. I chose to make this recipe for a two-tone smoothie bowl because I love to appreciate the complimentary contrast of deep purple and red with the lush green tones from the moringa and spirulina! It’s almost too pretty to eat!
If you want to skip the two-tone aspect of this smoothie bowl, just combine all ingredients listed above in a food processor or blender! If you want to give the two-tone smoothie bowl a shot, follow the directions below!
- In a food processor or blender, combine açaí puree, one frozen banana, ½ c almond milk, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Blend well and spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Set aside in the fridge while you prepare the moringa side.
- Give the blender or food processor a quick rinse with water.
- In the blender or food processor, combine one frozen banana, moringa powder, ½ c almond milk, and crushed spirulina tablet.
- Blend well and spoon mixture into the bowl with the açaí mixture, letting some of the açaí side show through!
- Top with anything you’d like! Fresh fruit, berries, greens, herbs, nuts, seeds, and granola all make wonderful toppings for smoothie bowls. I topped mine with frozen berries, flax seeds, chia seeds, and walnuts.
We hope you all make this smoothie bowl and fall in love with the açaí-moringa combo! If you try out the recipe, snap a pic and tag #kulikuli and #moringainspired on Instagram!
What are your favorite smoothie bowl combinations? Let us know in the comments!