A Soup for Cold Winter Nights
Winter is here and there is nothing that beats coming home after a long day and curling up with a warm bowl of homemade soup.
The whole recipe is pretty simple and easy – perfect for a busy weeknight! It’s mainly just blending the broth ingredients and then topping with noodles, bok choy, snap peas, lime juice, and a few peanuts.
For this recipe, I made my own curry paste. However, if you want to cut down some steps you can also use store-bought green curry paste. Curry paste is usually found in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
The soup becomes a beautiful green when you blend the non-dairy milk with moringa powder. I also added extra cilantro power by blending it into the milk and garnishing a bit on top. You can also substitute in fresh basil if you prefer.
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Kuli Kuli Pure Moringa Powder
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste*
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1- 2 Tbsp Siracha (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (or basil)
- 1- 2 cups of bok choy
- 1 – 2 cups of snap peas
- 9.5 oz of your favorite noodles (I used Soba)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- lime slices (for garnish)
- Make the noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Blend the non-dairy milk, water, green curry paste, soy sauce, moringa powder, a handful of cilantro, and ginger in a blender until light green and thoroughly mixed.
- Heat the broth until boiling and let simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the sriracha and soy sauce and heat for about 2 more minutes.
- Spoon the soup into bowls and add the noodles, bok choy, and snap peas. Garnish with peanuts and a lime slice.
*Homemade Curry Paste (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks Green Onions
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh turmeric or 1 tsp powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Blend all ingredients together until it looks a bit like hummus. Next, continue with the rest of the recipe above.
- If using this homemade version, replace the 2 Tbsp of curry paste with the cup of curry made from this homemade curry paste recipe.