This Valentine’s Day, treat yourself or someone special, to a decadent and rich brownie covered in a creamy ganache frosting. These brownies are raw, vegan, and feature an extra nutritious boost from moringa!
They’re perfect to share, but so delicious that you might not want to.
Brownies: (Vegan, Raw)
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts (plus more for topping)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2-3 teaspoons of Organic Pure Moringa Powder
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 3/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs (plus more for topping)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Ganache Frosting: (Vegan)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
While a food processor is not 100% necessary for this recipe, it certainly does help!
- Place walnuts and the almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cacao powder, Organic Pure Moringa Powder, and sea salt to the nut mixture and pulse to combine. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor or blender spout.
- Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding melted coconut oil if the mixture does not hold it’s shape when squeezed together.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined 8×8 dish and before pressing, add cacao nibs to mixture for extra texture. Press mixture into the pan until flat and firm. TIP : Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your palms to prevent dough from sticking to your hands!
- Place brownies in freezer or fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares (if adding ganache, slice after frosting!)
- Add almond milk to a mixing bowl and microwave for 45 seconds or until very warm. Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan until just simmering, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Immediately add chocolate to warm milk and loosely cover. Let this sit for 2 minutes so it can melt.
- Add salt and stir gently to incorporate, then add melted coconut oil and use a whisk to mix. Set in fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from fridge and add powdered sugar a little at a time to thicken. Whisk again to combine. If it’s still too thin, add another few Tablespoons powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost brownies generously with frosting, dust with a little extra moringa powder, and then top with additional raw walnuts and cacao nibs (optional). Slice into squares.
- Store brownies in an airtight container to keep fresh. Will keep for 3-4 days at room temperature, or in the freezer for at least 1 month.
Feeling spicy? Try kicking this recipe up a notch by adding a pinch of cayenne!
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag @KuliKuliFoods on Instagram and hashtag #KuliKuli and #MoringaInspired so we can see!