The garbanzo bean (also known as the chickpea) is a staple to the Mediterranean diet and has been gaining culinary influence across the world. Not only is the legume tasty and versatile, it’s packed with fiber, protein and key vitamins and minerals.
Similar to moringa, the garbanzo bean has shown to decrease rates of diabetes and inflammation.
Read on for a delicious and easy recipe from the Griffith Foods global culinary team on how to make garbanzo beans falafels.
Yield: 25 20g scoops
- 135g 36 mesh Garbanzo bean flour
- 35g 40 mesh Garbanzo flour
- 23g Bulgur Wheat, small
- 3g of Baking Soda
- 15g Falafel Seasoning of your choosing
- 1-2 packets of Kuli Kuli Moringa Powder
- Mix well until homogenous blend occurs
- Combine 1:0.75 ratio of dry mix to water. Mix well and let rest for 10 minutes
- Adjust as necessary (up to an additional .25) with water. Mix well again
- Heat Deep Fryer to 350 degrees. No deep fryer? No worries. Check out this article to find out how you can deep fry with materials you already have in your kitchen
- Use a small scoop and place into fryer, cook until golden brown and the inside is fully cooked
- Serve with Tahini (see below) or other sauce as desired
Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
Yield: 1 quart
- One 8 oz container of plain full fat (4-5%) yogurt
- 840g of Tahini paste (30 oz)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoons of granulated garlic (or use 8 cloves of fresh garlic)
- 3 oz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup+ water
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Thin with water as needed to form a mixture that is the consistency of greek yogurt
- Sauce to your liking and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag @KuliKuliFoods on Instagram and hashtag #KuliKuli and #MoringaInspired so we can see your delicious creation!
Leave a comment