Bring this fall favorite to life this holiday season — It’s Moringa Sweet Potato Pie!
Pastry Dough – Single Crust
– 1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour (less because of moringa powder)
– 4 to 5 medium sweet potatoes (2 ¼ cups cooked and mashed)
1. Prepare the pastry. Roll the pastry and line a 9-inch pie plate with the bottom crust. Roll out the remaining dough for the top crust. Chill the pastry and partial-bake.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Bake the sweet potatoes until tender all the way through, about 1 hour. Set aside and let cool.
4. Remove the sweet potato flesh and puree or beat until smooth.
5. Whip the eggs in a bowl until frothy. Add the sweet potatoes, sugars, Pure Moringa Powder, cinnamon, mace, vanilla, butter and salt. Mix until smooth.
6. Slowly pour the mixture into the cooled pie shell.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Set the pie on the center oven rack and bake for 30 minutes, turn the pie 180 degrees. Continue baking until the center is set and the edges start to rise, about another 20 minutes.
9. When ready the filling will be firm. The edges of the filling may puff up a little. You shouldn’t see much browning if any on pie filling.
10. Transfer the pie to cool. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.