The Power of Plant-Based
Plant-based diets are growing in popularity and for good reason! Not only is a plant-based diet good for our bodies, but it’s also good for the environment. By moving away from animal-based products, studies show we could significantly reduce carbon emissions and byproduct waste. That is why this #WorldSustainabilityDay, we’re featuring a delicious plant-powered pasta recipe in partnership with two sustainable friends!
To put the power of plant-based into perspective, one pound of beef requires anywhere from 2,000-8,000 gallons of water to produce, while it only takes 290 gallons of water to produce one pound of unprocessed oats. Talk about a dramatic difference!
Meet Our Super Sustainable Friends 🌎
Looking for more sustainable brands to support? Time for you to meet our friends featured below, Sproud and Explore Cuisine.
Sproud is where taste and sustainability come together. This plant-based milk is made with peas, which use way less water and land than other alternative milks. Plus it’s packed with protein + crazy delicious in coffee, smoothies, cereals and all kinds of recipes. It’ll become your new go-to.
Explore Cuisine invented a smarter way to make pasta with the biggest variety of plant-based and organic ingredients out there. From green lentil to chickpeas, Explore Cuisine’s innovative pastas give you the power to explore tastes you’ve never tried before. Through Explore Cuisine’s Food to Thrive foundation, they’ve supported farmers in Thailand by providing modern equipment, buying crops at higher-than-market price, and educational partnerships.
Delicious Deals: Explore Cuisine, Sproud, and Kuli Kuli are all giving a 25% discount on their products when you use code PLANTPOWER25 on each site!
Plant-Power Pasta Recipe 🌱
- 2 cups Original Sproud Drink
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Kuli Kuli Moringa powder
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup scallions (sliced on bias, greens reserved for garnish)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prep Time: 00:10 minutes
Cook Time: 00:15 minutes
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add Sproud, water and Kuli Kuli Moringa powder. Bring to a boil. Add grated garlic, season with salt. Add Explore Cuisine’s Edamame Mung Bean Fettuccine. Cook according to package directions.
- Then, while cooking, at the 5-minute mark, stir in scallions, 1 cup basil, 1 cup fresh mint and lemon zest. Continue to stir, releasing starches from pasta. Remove from heat, check seasoning. Divide between bowls, garnish with scallion greens, basil leaves, and mint leaves.
Trying out this delicious pasta preparation? Tag us on social media @kulikulifoods! We’d love to see your plant-based creation. 🌿