Yet another scrumptious and creative entry to our Moringa Recipe Contest! Check out this healthy, delicious dip with bold flavors of black bean, salsa, garlic, and cumin – made creamy with avocado. Quick and easy, requiring only 5-10 minutes to make, it’s vegan and gluten-free with a boost of moringa! Could this one win your vote on March 3rd?
Recipe: Easy Black Bean Avocado Moringa Dip
Chef: Kaitlin, IL
15 oz. can black beans
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. moringa (or more)
3/4 tsp. cumin
Dash of salt, more to taste
Chips for serving
Optional: chipotle, cilantro, jalapeno, cayenne, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the beans.
- Place remaining beans and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches desired texture, adding a touch more water if necessary to blend.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the remaining black beans.
- Serve warm, cold, or room temp.
Find more great recipes like this one on Kaitlin’s website, The Garden Grazer, where she features simple vegan recipes.
Vote for this recipe