As we welcome the new school year and coming fall season, we also welcome all things pumpkin and all things spice. When the weather finally begins to cool down there’s nothing quite like cinnamon and apples to make you feel comfy and cozy. These apple chips make a great snack and will make your home smell the way fall is supposed to.
-2-3 large apples
-1/8 to 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 rounded tsp Pure Moringa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and moringa powder in a small bowl.
- Thinly slice the apples. Using a mandolin will help to get uniform slices, but a knife works well too. You can core them before slicing if you want.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place the apples in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture to taste
- Bake for 1.5-2 hours, flipping the apple slices every half hour or so, or until dry.
If after about 2 hours you think they still aren’t dry enough, take them out and let them cool as they crisp up after cooling down. The chips should not be floppy once cool and you should be able to clearly hear a clack when dropping one on the table. When stored in an airtight container they will hold for about a week.
If you can get work or studying done with the smell of apples and cinnamon in the air, more power to you. I recommend making these when you have a day off so you can bask in the fall ambience and then enjoy them throughout the week, but only if you can stop yourself from eating them all at once.
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!