Halloween is just around the corner. Why not create these cute Franken treats that will also give you a healthy dose of veggies? All of the recipes online for Frankenstein Rice Krispies ask for artificial food coloring to turn the rice krispie mixture green. But, did you know that moringa can be used as a natural and healthy green food coloring while boosting the nutritional content of these treats. Follow these 10 easy steps to create your own moringa frankensteins for a
spooky cute Halloween!
It’s scary how easy it is to create healthier treats for this Halloween.
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon moringa powder (1 single serving packet)
1 package of mini marshmallows
6 cups of rice krispies
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1 cup chocolate Cheerios
Anything else you like! (Ex: pretzel sticks, candy corn, gummy worms, etc.)
- Melt butter on low heat.
- Throw in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add moringa powder and stir until completely mixed green.
- Add rice krispies cereal and stir until incorporated.
- Press mixture with wooden spatula or wax paper into a buttered casserole dish or pan.
- Cool and cut into rectangles of desirable size.
- Trim side pieces for more “perfect” edges.
- Melt dark chocolate chips and transfer into a ziploc bag.
- Cut tip of ziploc bag to create a “dark chocolate pen” for decorating and drawing. Repeat for white chocolate chips.
- Decorate Frankensteins as you like!