Creamy, decadent, delicious goodness we all know and love: Crème Brûlée. Though traditionally, flavored with vanilla, you can find a wide variety of creme brulee inspirations worldwide today. We bring you our inspired Moringa Creme Brulee recipe. The taste profile of this dessert is most similar to what one might expect with matcha creme brulee but our featured #MoringaInspired recipe packs an extra full serving of veggies! In this recipe, we used a single tablespoon or 1 single serving Pure Moringa Powder packet which packs a whopping amount of nutrients including 12% of your daily value (DV) of fiber, 20% DV Vitamin A, 15% DV Calcium, 50% DV Iron and many more.
Now, there really is no reason to feel guilty about having that extra bite of dessert!
4 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup sugar
6 egg yolks
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Pure Moringa Powder (1 single serving packet)
½ teaspoon salt
1) Preheat the oven to 300 degree F.
2) Bring the heavy whipping cream to boil and let it cool for a few minutes.
3) Separate 6 egg yolk and whisk them for about 2 minutes until smooth.
4) Add sugar into the egg yolk and whisk until pale yellow and smooth.
5) Add Pure Moringa Powder and vanilla extract and mix well.
6) Slowly pour the heavy whipping cream into the egg mixture. Whisk while pouring to prevent scrambling the egg mixture.
7) Create a water bath by pouring hot water into a cake pan and placing the ramekins inside. The ramekins should be at least ½ submerged in hot water.
8) Fill ramekins to ¾ full.
9) Bake for 40 minutes. Chill for at least 3 hours.
10) Once it’s ready to serve, sprinkle granulated sugar evenly on the surface until completely covered.
11) Use a torch to caramelize the sugar until golden brown.
12) Allow the sugar to cool completely before serving.