We all have that special place in our hearts for the childhood favorite Rice Krispies. But as a single “adult” who is supposed to be enjoying the subtleties of wine and fine dining, what excuse did I have to make rice krispies? I suppose I can wait for a friend’s backyard BBQ or my neighbor’s kid’s birthday party, but no; sometimes I just want to be selfish and enjoy it for myself. So here it is, my recipe for a more “adult” version of rice krispies, with vegetables added- Moringa Rice Krispies.
1 box Rice Krispies, about 6 cups
1 bag (10 oz) regular sized medium marshmallows, about 40 marshmallows
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 tablespoon Pure Moringa Powder (1 single serving packet)
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Add Rice Krispies and Pure Moringa Powder. Stir until fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
4. Butter a large 9 x 12 baking pan or casserole dish. Transfer mixture to the pan and cover with wax or parchment paper.
5. Press evenly into desired thickness.
6. Set aside to cool.
7. Cut into desired shapes and serve!