Make your own black bean burgers and never eat frozen patties again!
1 can black beans, drained
½ red bell pepper, cut into thin pieces
½ onion, in wedges
3 peeled garlic cloves
1/3 cup corn
1 tbsp moringa powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp Sriracha (or any hot sauce)
½ bread crumbs (preferably wheat)
1 tbsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 374 degrees F. Grease baking sheet (use olive oil/moringa oil)
- In a bowl, mash beans into a thick paste.
- Finely chop bell pepper, garlic, and onion in a blender or food processor, then add the bean paste.
- In a separate bowl, stir the egg, corn, chili powder, cumin, moringa powder and hot sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the bean paste mixture. Mix in the breadcrumbs until the mixture can stay together. It should come out to 4 regular patties or 5 smaller ones.
- Place patties on baking sheet, and bake 10-12 minutes on each side!
Enjoy in a burger, on a salad, or by themselves!
Did you enjoy Sofia’s article? Read more by her here!
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!
Leave a comment