THE GRILLED CHEESE IS THE ULTIMATE ICONIC SANDWICH.
The grilled cheese is superior in versatility and overall comfort. You can dress it up with fresh figs or goat cheese, or keep things simple with nothing more than quality cheddar. Whichever direction you go in, you will be grinning with cheesy satisfaction.
My grandma used to always make me grilled cheese when I would visit her in the summer. She would always stress that the trick to making great grilled cheese sandwiches wasn’t just in the ingredients, but was also in the delicate flipping on the stove. Achieving a golden, crusty outside and oozy inside takes patience and practice: if the heat is too high, the outside will scorch before the cheese melts. She would beam when her grilled cheeses emerged perfectly crispy on the outside yet warm and soft on the inside. She would use any melting cheese, such as American or goat cheese, but would make sure to not go overboard: part of the perfection here is in the proportion of bread to cheese.
Below is a grilled cheese recipe that uses farm fresh ingredients to create the ultimate gooey, grilled cheese that also makes you feel good. Like all grilled cheese recipes, this one can be modified to fit any dietary restrictions.
– 1 Cup of fresh blueberries
– 4 Slices of whole wheat french bread
– 10 Thin slices of Brie
– 3 Basil leaves
– A small drizzle of coconut oil to help the bread get crispy
– Honey, to drizzle
– Kuli Kuli Prue Moringa Vegetable Powder to taste
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Strain and set aside.
2. Lightly spread a small amount of coconut oil on each slice of bread.
3. Layer half of the brie and basil leaves onto one slice of wheat bread.
4. Spread blueberry mixture over basil.
5. Top with remaining brie, ground pepper, salt and Moringa.
6. Place remaining bread slice over stack. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook sandwich on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melty.
7. Drizzle with honey and enjoy.