It can be difficult to find a hearty vegan soup during the cold months that is both nutritious and fast to cook. Instead of turning to cheap, filler soup flavorings like bullion cubes or other packaged soups, I use moringa as my vegan soup flavor enhancer.
Moringa is especially useful to consume during winter months when you might not be getting all your necessary nutrients and amino acids from fresh fruits and vegetables. Your nutrient intake can be extremely important for your energy levels and mood during months where there is less sunlight and time spent outdoors.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Bulb Garlic, minced
- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, washed, and cubed
- 4-6 Cups of Water
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Pure Vegetable Moringa Powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, sauté onions for 3-5 minutes, or until slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Toss in sweet potato cubes and cook for a few minutes, adding water if ingredients are sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add water and bring everything to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until sweet potatoes are soft, approximately 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat and add the Pure Vegetable Moringa Powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop kale and add as garnish to soup.
- If you peel your sweet potatoes, an option is to save the peels and fry them in oil to be used as a delicious garnish.
This soup is both flavorful and packed with nutrient dense winter vegetables to help you beat those winter blues!