Craving something warm and nutritious to keep the winter blues away? This rainbow veggie stir-fry is filling, savory, and has a little kick to it!
In addition to the rich and nutty flavor of peanuts and sesame, this stir-fry features vibrant spices such as ginger and red chili.
The moringa peanut sauce is extremely versatile, so dress it up however you like and use on other dishes as well. For an extra kick, add some fresh red chili peppers.
- 2-3 teaspoons of Organic Pure Moringa Powder
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon red chili oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 200g-400g udon noodles
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato (chopped a little smaller than other veggies)
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice purple cabbage into bite sized pieces. Toss them in the juice of one lime wedge, cover, and set aside. These can either be roasted with the other veggies or left raw and crunchy.
- Chop sweet potato, broccoli, and onion. Add veggies to a mixing bowl, drizzle 2 tsp sesame oil and juice of one lime wedge. Toss until all veggies are covered.
- On a baking sheet, spread vegetables out evenly and let them roast for 20-35 min (you can make the sauce and noodles while these are cooking). Check them at 15 min and mix them up a bit to cook evenly.
- Once the veggies are tender and golden-brown, remove from oven and set aside.
Moringa Peanut Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, chili oil, moringa, and soy sauce. Heat over medium low, whisking to incorporate.
- Add the juice of 1-3 lime wedges. You may need to up to ¼ cup of water to achieve a runnier consistency.
- Once the ingredients are combined, take off heat (or reduce to lowest setting) and cover.
- Following the instructions on the package, cook udon noodles until tender and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cooked noodles in 1-2 tsp sesame oil to keep them from sticking.
Putting it all together:
- If necessary, heat up peanut sauce so it’s a little runny. In a large bowl, toss noodles in peanut sauce until they are evenly coated.
- Dish noodles into bowls and be sure to leave room for the veggies
- Add roasted vegetables and purple cabbage. Top with toasted sesame seeds and fresh greens if desired.
- Serve with a lime wedge, drizzle more sauce on top, and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag @KuliKuliFoods on Instagram and hashtag #KuliKuli and #MoringaInspired so we can see your delicious veggie bowls!
What vegetables do you want in your veggie stir-fry?! Let us know in the comments!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these spring rolls!