Our Back To Me Challenge is a month-long health and wellness program that jumpstarts your journey to being the healthiest, happiest you. All this month, we’re featuring healthy lifestyle tips, easy, nourishing recipes, and in-store discounts on our products. We’re even giving away awesome prizes! Learn more >>
If I am being completely honest, there is nothing more that I love to do in my kitchen than make my very own beauty products. Fresh food and quality oil makes for an incredible beauty lab in the kitchen. As such, I tend to rely on my kitchen more than the store for my beauty regimen. Essential oils, quality olive oil, fresh fruit, creamy avocados, and all things coconut have all made an appearance on my face. When I started using Kuli Kuli moringa, it only seemed natural to me to try and add that to my beauty regimen as well.
For this face mask, it took 3 ingredients and less than 3 minutes before my skin was tingling with fresh blood at the surface and a new layer of skin. Moringa is packed with antioxidants that we traditionally eat; these antioxidants are just as helpful topically. The antioxidants help stabilize cells by fighting off destabilizing free radicals. The texture of Kuli Kuli moringa powder is still grainy enough that it also works well as a light exfoliant. When combined with French green clay and your favorite (high quality) oil, you’ve got yourself an antioxidant-rich, moisturizing clay mask.
- 1 packet of Kuli Kuli Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder
- 2 tablespoons of french green clay powder
- 2-4 tablespoons, high quality oil (jojoba, olive, and almond are my favorites)
- Mix everything in a ceramic or glass bowl with a plastic or wooden spoon (avoid metal) until a paste forms. Adjust the oil levels until a smooth texture is formed that is easily applied to the skin.
- Slather a thick layer over your skin and stick the leftovers in the fridge. It should last for a couple more days if refrigerated and covered.
- You will feel your skin begin to pulse as the clay dries up, pulling on the skin and drawing fresh blood to the surface. Leave on your skin for at least five minutes, though no more than 15. With a clean wash cloth, use warm water to gently remove.
- Try your best not to touch your face for the rest of the day—which I know will be hard because of how surprisingly smooth your skin will feel! Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments.
For another great moringa beauty article, find out what moringa can do for your skin!