A Nutrient-Dense Superfood
Moringa has been used in a variety of dishes by cultures all over the world for thousands of years. As this superfood continues to gain popularity, it’s being featured in many different types of products from energy shots to beauty products and more!
And no wonder it’s so useful – moringa is incredibly nutrient-dense. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals, plant protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients. This makes moringa extremely versatile and we’re here to show you how easy it is to incorporate moringa into your daily meals. Because it packs such a punch, you don’t need heaps of it to reap the benefits of this miraculous leafy green!
A Little Goes a Long Way
Moringa is a powerful, nutritious leafy green that can add an amazing amount of essential nutrients to your daily meals. This healthy green is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, potassium, plant protein, and more! Vitamins are naturally anti-inflammatory and antioxidants reduce oxidative stress. Moringa is also a good source of fiber, which allows for a steady release of nutrients throughout the day in addition to keeping you full.
As if that wasn’t enough to brag about, moringa is also a great source of plant protein which makes it a natural addition to plant-based diets.
So, how much moringa should you eat? A little moringa goes a long way and we recommend starting with one teaspoon per day and gradually increasing or decreasing from there.
Here’s some of the numbers behind this tiny superfood:
- More nutrient dense than kale
- Almost 2x more iron than spinach
- More antioxidants than matcha
- Tons of anti-inflammatory components
- A complete plant protein containing all 9 essential amino acids
Think Outside the Smoothie
It’s no secret that moringa is amazing in smoothies. In fact, that’s what over 70% of Kuli Kuli pure moringa powder enthusiasts use it for, according to our 2018 survey. While smoothies are a wonderful and refreshing way to use moringa powder, there are so many other dishes that deserve some moringa goodness.
So what else could we put moringa in? Here are some dishes you can add our pure moringa powder to for an added green boost:
- Sprinkle on top of warm popcorn
- Add to pesto or make moringa pesto from scratch
- Mix 1 teaspoon into hummus or other dips
- Boost your pancake breakfast by adding 1-2 teaspoons to the batter
- Add to soups and curries
- Sprinkle over top of avocado toast or mac & cheese
- Mix into oatmeal
- Sneak a 1-3 teaspoons of moringa into baked goods
- Brew moringa tea with 1 teaspoon of powder per mug
- Add to yogurt and top with fruit
Versatile Flavor Profile
Pure moringa powder can be used in both sweet and savory dishes, for any meal of the day.
The nutrient-dense leaves of moringa have a unique flavor, herbal and tangy, similar to matcha. The fresh leaves have a crisp, citrus flavor similar to most micro-greens. Once the leaves are dried and ground into powder, the taste becomes slightly bitter. While this flavor stands on it’s own, moringa also pairs well with many other flavors.
Not sure what to what flavors to try? Here are some ideas!
Pair moringa with :
- Mint (try this bubble tea)
- Peanut butter (this savory peanut sauce)
- Mango (these popsicles!)
- Green curry (Thai green curry)
- Various herbs (try basil, rosemary, or sage)
And Check out this video for Even more moringa-inspired cooking ideas!
If you’re hungry for more moringa, head over to our blog to find tons of recipes and get inspired to cook creatively with moringa!
What’s your favorite recipe to use moringa in? Let us know in the comments!